Help Your Child Be College-Ready!
Parents play a critical role in ensuring students are college-ready. Here are some tips for how you can help ensure your child is college-ready:
- Help your child with homework and meet with teachers and counselors to discuss coursework that will prepare your child for college.
- Log-on to CareerCruising.com to explore careers, create a college plan, and learn about college options.
- Talk to your children about careers that interest them and what college they would like to attend.
- Research financial aid, scholarships and Cal Grants. Consider opening a college savings account at ScholarShare (www.scholarshare.com).
- Encourage your child to take the A-G college prep course sequence in high school. These are the minimum courses required to apply for the University of California, California State University, and to perform well at community colleges.
- Contact the UC, CSU, Community College, or private college campuses you are interested in to schedule a tour and get information about programs, admission requirements and financial aid.
Community Scholars Scholarship
CLICK HERE FOR THE APPLICATION There is a $7,000.00 Scholarship on Riverside City College's Scholarship page for high s...Read More
Mentors & Educators
Can College Be In Your Child's Future?
The answer is YES! It takes planning and conversation. Where do you go from here? One of your stops should be your child...Read More
Mentors & Educators
Online Homework Help
Brainfuse – Riverside Public Library Homework Help Brainfuse, otherwise referred to as the HelpNow network, is an...Read More
Youth Opportunity Center
AB540Do you know a student who is undocumented and wants to go to college? Have you heard of the term AB540? Am I AB540?...Read More
Together, we are Completion Counts
RIVERSIDE, CA – Mayor Ron Loveridge and Completion Counts, a citywide partnership of education, civic and business...Read More
SHOW ME THE MONEY! Accessing the Financial Means to Achieve Your Dreams.
Have you completed your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)? You should complete the FAFSA a...Read More
Parents & Families
College Ambassadors Training Program
Join a team of dedicated mentors and inspire students across Riverside to go to college and get a degree. Part of ...Read More
Businesses & Partners
What is A-G? Watch the Video
What is A-G? High school students should pass A-G classes with a grade "C" or better to: Get admit...Read More