Choosing a college
Here are some things to consider when helping your child choose a college:
- Admission Requirements: Does your child have the grades and high school requirements to be admitted to the school? Early preparation will make sure she does.
- Type of Education: Does the college offer the subjects and degree your child is interested in?
- Size: Does your child have the discipline and study skills to do well in a large university, or will more personal attention benefit him more?
- Location: Will your child be more comfortable living close to home? Or maybe part of the attraction of college is being away and on her own?
- Cost: What is the projected annual cost, including books, room/board? Keep in mind that community colleges are generally less expensive. Get help paying for college and apply for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid