Junior Year

Ask your high school counselor about taking A-G courses. You need to pass these 15 courses with grade "C" or better to get admitted to a Cal State University or University of California.

A)  History/social studies (2 years)
B)  English (4 years)
C)  Math (3 years)
D)  Laboratory science (2 years)
E)  Language other than English (2 years)
F)  Visual and performing arts (1 year)
G) Elective from the above list (1 year)

Log-in to Career Cruising

Think of Career Cruising as your personal career center. It's easy and it's free for every Riverside student, all you need is your student ID number and date of birth.

  • Take a quiz to find your perfect career
  • Find colleges that fit your interests

Alvord Unified School District students: Student Log-In

Riverside Unified School District: Student Log-In

Take the Early Assessment Program Exam

Register for the Cal State University EAP test (Early Assessment Program) to determine if you are ready for college-level math and college-level English courses.

Register for College Admission Exams

Many colleges require that you take the SAT, the SAT Subject Tests, and the ACT. Check with the colleges that you are interested in to see what tests they require.

Keep your folder updated

Keep track of your success and create a folder for:

  • Report cards
  • Awards and honors
  • School and community activities in which you are involved and descriptions of what you do

Explore Scholarships

Find scholarships to help you pay for college. Some deadlines fall as early as summer between 11th and 12th grades, so get started now.

Narrow your college search

Make a list of 8-12 colleges that fits your interst and current grade point average (GPA).