AB 540 Students & California Dream Act of 2011

What are AB 540 Students?

If you’re an undocumented student, attended at least three years of high school in California and graduated from a California high school or received its equivalent, you may qualify for in-state tuition rates at California’s public colleges and may also be considered for an institutional, privately funded scholarship.


  1. You have attended a California High School for 3 or more years.

  2. You have or will graduate from a California High School or have attained a G.E.D.

  3. You have registered at or are currently enrolled at an accredited institution of higher education in California.

  4. You have filed or will file an affidavit as required by individual institutions, stating that you will apply for legal residency as soon as possible.

Learn More