CSU Transfer Process

If your goal is to transfer to a California State University, it is in your best interest to discuss your specific goals with a Community College Counselor as soon you are aware of your goals.  The Community College Counselor will refer to a website called ASSIST.ORG www.assist.org.  This website contains Articulation agreements between the 112 Community Colleges in the State of California and the 23 California State Universities (CSU).  The Counselor will then go over the general education and major requirements using ASSIST.ORG as a reference when completing a two year Student Educational Plan for each student. CSUs generally require a minimum of 60 and a maximum of 70 units of General Education and Major transferrable courses.

To access application deadlines and know which CSUs are accepting an application for transfer and for what specific major, go to: www.csumentor.edu